Agnostic.com

317 11

Do you ever miss the religious life?

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

317 comments (301 - 317)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

of course not

tonia Level 5 Sep 25, 2017

Hell no!

No, but I miss some of the camaraderie.

I want the sense of community that comes with church membership.

Nope.

Draco Level 6 Sep 23, 2017

Not at all. I have abandoned all religious groups that I tried to belong to but I never cut my friendly relationships with the people I met/got acquainted in those groups so long as they remain sincere and give me the respect that I deserve

I rarely do. I did when I was first shunned by the congregation (Mennonite) It was all I knew. As I grew, I discovered a brand new world. Freedom to be me. Not being controlled and threatened with eternal damnation. Discovering people who I was told to avoid were actually the most beautiful people in the world.

Yes, actually, it was so much easier when I thought there was someone there to help me, I live alone been seperated and then divorced for 4 years, it gets hard sometimes

I can relate. I tell myself, it offers a new and different opportunity for growth and socialization; just beyond my comfort zone. Definitely hard, but possible 🙂

Cannot miss something I never had.

No, except for the built in community of support.....unless you do something deemed unholy of course.

Zebra Level 1 Sep 15, 2017

I don't see anything wrong in extending community and humanitarian support thru a religious group, it's a good social circle even if you don't believe in their faith. Giving help to others is beyond religion

I understand, and some won't associate with you unless you're associated with their belief system, rituals, and/or 'church'.

Sometimes miss being able to talk about God with another religious person, because it's something to easily connect on with a lot of people. And even though I am very tolerant of religion and faith, I feel if I voice my opinion on a date or something it closes a lot of doors.

I've said the same to myself, "closes a lot of doors." Challenging yes; however, it can open other doors as well.

I miss having friends except those friends were never dependable or trustworthy so not even that. i sure don't miss all the other stupid stuff.

Oh yes. there was a difficulty but assurance in religion. Although i miss the community and comrodery in religious Groups, i care too much about what i really believe is true to turn around and go back into it. Funny enough i have tried to change my mind and be religious again, but i reason myself out of it and Become frustrated if I try to keep that mindset. I just simply can't believe it after putting in the effort to research the facts myself.

I understand the difficulty. The community and camaraderie was the best part for me.

Nope because that was not fear

JOY Level 2 Sep 14, 2017

No not really

No but I do sometimes miss something to believe in at times.

how about believing in yourself?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.