Agnostic.com

79 6

Do you collect anything?

I collect porcelain dolls and money from all ages and around the world. My son collects baseball cards and comics. What do you enjoy collecting?

ashortbeauty 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

79 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Molecules, Sometimes whole sets of them. I try to get rid of stuff from time to time.

I collect films on DVD and VHS especially Japanese and Korean Cinema.
However I also go through fads of collecting book on various none fiction subjects.

I have a porcelain doll collection. I'm also collecting languages that I'm learning. I know English, Spanish and Romanian...don't know what my next one will be yet.

Impressive on the languages

Too much, actually. Primarily magnets and Disney pins.

I like to collect older currency.

Me too 🙂

I still have my comic book collection...🙂

I used to collect comic books (sold 'em), vinyl records (sold 'em). Now, I have a collection of Blu-Ray discs, but is that a "collection?" Or, do I just like having movies to watch? I dunno. LOL!

Funko Pops

@FortyTwo That’s awesome! I don’t know if you collect or not but I imagine that there are a bunch of good ones in that town.

I collect Science Fiction books, movies, and memorabilia. That reminds me, I need more shelves.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Vynil !!!!!

I collect awful men. I certainly don’t enjoy it at all. It’s a mystery.

Livia Level 6 June 23, 2018

This was my “match” on OK Cupid

Needless to say, I didn’t respond.

Your collection is incomplete....

@Livia I would not give that guy my info, but I might respond with WTF.....Why?

@IamNobody made me chuckle!

@Livia hats off to you, that was the intent...

I sure do! I collect rocks and fossils, books, houseplants, and cats! lol

I hunt for and collect stone tools. I also collect maritime antiques and early Americana miitary stuff. And while I feel that I don't collect books, dayum! I have over 1,000 history books on a variety of subjects.

.....aoh yeah, I don't collect Voo Doo dolls, I have a few old ones and I'm not afraid to use them!

Collection should have a purpose.

True. Do you have a purposeful collection?

@ashortbeauty Nah, once I realized that there is no blurred line between collecting and hoarding... I don't do but admire those that find the purpose and enjoy the pleasure of Nostalgia. I know is a beautiful feeling. Picking up memories been enough for me. Easy to carry and store.

@GipsyOfNewSpain love your answer! I don’t really collect anything but everything that matters is in my mind and heart.

@Livia Yep, if there is an afterlife it is all we taking with us.

I collect books, rocks and fossils, crescent moons, although I have a lot of different moon phases, and art. I love to have artworks hanging on every wall. I have quite a bit of works from local artists from different places that I have lived. Much of my artwork has a moon somewhere in it. I also have a lot of old family photos that I have framed. I have some antiques too. Some family heirlooms and some I found in some corner of a shop. I am definately not a minimalist. My daughter and son in law joke that when I die, they are going to turn my house into a museum.

The wise woman's museum. Has a ring to
it 😉

The wise woman's museum. Has a ring to
it 😉

I used to collect books and CD's. After a few years go by you find that both are not as important any longer. Also, you will run out of spave. I still have a few.

I collect momentos from trips, mugs, rocks and books

I seem to have developed a sizeable t-shirt collection.

Old video games and vinyl.

I don't collect any one thing, but I am into mid century modern furniture. I tend to find projects, fix them up, then either keep them, give them to my kids, or re-sell. I just finished my first attempt at dyeing a leather chair. It didn't turn out too bad. I still have to put a protective coat on it. If my kids don't want it, I will sell it. Nothing wrong with a little extra cash!

This is the "before" shot.

When I was a kid I had a huge Beatles card collection. Still have a few strays. Same with comic books. My mother chucked everything when I ran away from home.

i collect lots of things. feathers, books, rocks, art, plants, words, things that smell good, shiny things, a momento from each pet ive lost. probably more, just can't think of any right now

Byrd Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Mostly music. CDs, vinyl, cassettes

Can never go wrong with music

I’ve stacked up a fair amount of insouciant malaise to put on the shelf next to the disgruntled, thread bare incubi.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.