Agnostic.com

63 15

What items on a person’s profile here make them an easy ‘Nope!’ for dating?

Browsing members, reading comments, posts; I found a few with instant turn offs for me.
Religious/Believer/Spiritual
(Spiritual as defined here- belief in a supernatural entity)
‘Hookups’ listed
Member of conservative groups

Certainly there’s more to weigh within the profiles but these are instant Nope! for me.
How about you?

AmiSue 8 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any religious beliefs, conservative or even worse, reactionary, support Cheeto Benito, inane comments and/or questions, all of which are immediate nikogda (never).

All of these are off-putting for me too. As is any indication of not liking cats.

Jnei Level 8 Sep 18, 2018

Probably everything on my profile but I am that I am and it is what it is.

Someone who lives politics, smoking, if they don`t like animals or kids, religious practitioners, drugs, closed-mindedness picking on people for their political ideas.

I haven't seen these here but for regular dating sights:

• white guys throwing "gang" signs
  • hats with a straight bill, especially if it's off to the side
  • conservatives
  • guys who say they aren't interested in fat women (or any variation of that)
  • bathroom pics with a toilet in the background or a filthy mirror
  • Shirtless pics where they're trying to nonchalantly flex
  • guys making kissy faces or with their tongue out
  • only having pictures wearing camo and with dead animals. I don't care if you hunt and fish but please have other interests as well

Smoking. Having/wanting children. Inactivity.

Cutesy Instagram filters. Ugh.
A profile that consists of a solid slab of 200+ words with no punctuation.

Specifically requesting a certain body type
Supporting Trump
Supporting keeping cannabis illegal
Eats bunnies...

In my case the 100% deal breaker is distance 😮

spouses might be added.

distance.

"kids still at home" is probably the biggest nope for me.

MAGA hat, crazy supernatural beliefs, man haters.
(I'm not here for dating, but if I were!)

@AmiSue probably not, I was remembering a first date I was on once. All she talked about was what scum men were. I was thinking the whole time, then why are you here with me. It was probably the worst date I've ever had.

Other than the fake profiles, I'm gonna go with foodie. I can tolerate quite a bit, but not that.

Photos 100% in bars, with grandkids, with groups of other women, and/or obviously 10+years old.
Digitally-retouched or studio photos. Honest photos are vital.
"God comes first, you second" (will god be involved in our sex?).
Support for Trump, or Conservatism in general.

So, can we still be friends?
😉

• Pictures with kids (I do check to see if they say if the kid is a niece or nephew) or say they have kids
  • Conservative, MAGA, Trump supporter
  • Love to hunt, fish, or shoot guns
  • If they put God/Jesus before everything else

Trump, conservative, religious nuts (I don't think I need to explain this one, unless your one of the 3)
Lack of profile picture (why all the mystery)
Profile picture of subject naked (if any were worth looking at maybe...generally, their just not that great)
An obviously unflattering profile picture where no attempt was made to look presentable (arrogance)
Wine snob (pffft)
Weed smoker (pfft.)
'romantic walks on the beach' type stuff. (ew)
Sports team mega fan (It's fucking corporate)
The super athlete (again....pfft)
Too much emphasis placed on sexual side of things. (quality not quantity every time)

@weldingguy Important to me but they are only personal preferences. Some people might find them offensive. 😀

At home, in the evening when alone, I like to wear women's clothes. That would be an instant Nope for most ladies.

I don't find that alarming at all.

Not really, I have no problem with that at all

Anything spiritual.
Not liking animals, especially cats.
Conservative ideology.
Long distance
Children still at home or wanting more children
Major sports fan
Married or very recently divorced or widowed
Gun/weapon aficionado
Car/vehicle nut - seriously more than one car?
Misogyny, racism, or any intolerance of any minority group.

@Akfishlady Yes, I meant recently widowed. I met a man who put up an OKCupid profile the night BEFORE his wife's funeral. She had a long term chronic illness, and went into the hospital for a simple illness and never came home. He thought he was ready to hit the ground running, and talk about a crash and burn. He was not clear about when his wife passed and I started dating him. There were still funeral flowers in his house. He wasn't ready, neither were his kids.

@Akfishlady I never heard from him again, and really didn't expect to.

@weldingguy That's a bit different. If it helps you make a living that is reasonable. If you have more than one car just for the joy of ownership, then we have different priorities and might not be a good fit.

We have exactly the same set of standards with the exception that I also require a female for dating. - - not that I ever expect to find such a person on this site. Geographically I live in an a massive abyss blackened by faith of the delusional theists. Yes, I live in a tRumplican state.

Im here just figuring the format out. Hope it’s free. It’s my off day so a little lit. Just clicked on a pretty face. That’s a good line so I should probably cut & paste to every available profile in a a vain attempt to get a reply. Actually that is quite good.

The things that matter tend to find their way back. Experience and memory taught me that.

Welcome to the site! It is entirely free. You can buy a t-shirt if you're interested in supporting the community.

My profile says, “I’m here for community”... that makes me not good for dating:

Me me me me me

Distance
MAGA
5 cats in the background of the profile pic
Religious/Believer/Spiritual
Open relationship/separated/married
It’s a dude (just because I’m not homophobic doesn’t mean I’m interested)
Gun pics
Terrible grammar
Hasn’t happened yet, but if I ever find a Flat Earther’s profile here... definitely on the nope list.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181820
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.