Agnostic.com

101 8

What is the one creature, snake, spider, rodent, bat, etc, that creeps you out the most?

When I was around 8 years old I watched an episode of Alfred Hitchcock in black and white on TV. A man was tied up and they showed rats crawling all over him and they were going to eat him. It messed me up and to this day rats are the only creature that really creeps me out.

ebdb 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

101 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a snake phobia. I live in SC but I'm originally from Hawaii where we have no snakes!

Lani Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

Snakes for me. I'm not sure why, but I think it goes back to childhood when I fell asleep under an old oak only to awake to seeing a snake crawling down it.

Humans lol.
And a shark if I'm snorkeling ?

Crickets. They are roaches that can almost teleport. It broke my heart when my mind attempted to reconcile my love for Jiminy with his cricketness.

Never thought of this .. I love listening to them ..

All spiders must die.
Everything else can live..

NO they are my hairy friends lol !!!!

No, nothing must die !

@Nickbeee ?

I love the black heart @NothinnXpreVails it's my faviroute emoticon and probably used by all sorts of pirates.

@Nickbeee ??

@NothinnXpreVails Is that Klingon ? I can't do emoticons on the laptop. so blackheartofgreatblacknessandklingonhandgesturesemoticon

@Nickbeee just that

I made a post on FB about a 300 million year old extinct 7.8 ft long centepede. No thanks on bugs like that.

scorpion

Oh yes !

Snakes...even though rationally I know they are more afraid of me than I am of them...

They're delicious deep-fried tho..

What? You give me the creeps ..

Slugs...huge nasty slugs. I don't know why but these little buggards creep me out.

Put salt on them, but don't eat them.

No. don't ill them ..

None really - if i had to choose though i would say i would not fancy a water fight with a saltwater crocodile!

I would usually say snakes. But right now I am recovering from a spider bite last Thursday. Pretty sure....didn't see it. Big knot on wrist. Left arm swollen. Getting better. Swelling going down. Will start wearing gloves when getting careless. LOL

Praying Mantis. Stink bugs. June bugs. I don't mind ladybugs, flies, and grasshoppers, and I can handle the occasional spider, but most other bugs really make my skin crawl.

I came home one day to find a katydid perched on top of a lamp shade, and I was paralyzed. My mind raced to think of someone I could call to help me. When I finally got the courage to approach it and suck it up into a vacuum cleaner, I thought it was the bravest thing I'd ever done. πŸ˜€

All bugs must die.
Even those smug butterflies..
Flying around thinking their gods gift..
Kill them all!!

(Got carried away....sorry)

@FinchiMcQ that hurt deeply...I want all creatures around...just not ON me!

Euch!

Yes, the bother me on my animals ...

• Yellow jackets are assholes. I was on a field trip for school once and was in a van with a person between me and the door. We were parked with the door open and the manager of the hatchery we were visiting (who luckily I knew pretty well) was standing in the door talking to us when a HUGE wasp flew in, it was like the C131 of wasps and I freaked out. I started trying to hit it away from me with my clipboard and apparently let out a stream of profanity like JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, GET THAT FUCKING THING OUT OF HERE!!! I hit it and it fell down by the driver's seat and I was like lemmeoutlemmeoutlemmeout!!! because I knew that fucker was now going to murder me because I had hit it. I got out of the van and hid on the opposite side of the door. The manager came over to the driver's side and opened the door and the wasp peacefully flew away. He looked at me and goes "I don't think I've ever heard you say a bad word before!" I was so scared I didn't even remember what I said, ha ha. *
Remi Level 7 May 8, 2018

spiders

That man behind the door.

Snakes and spiders creep me out until I learn whether they're venomous or not. If they turn out benign then I could be found playing with them. I find an inherant beauty on all creatures, more so in the deadlier ones.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

I am not exactly fearful of any one of them...but neither do I want them on me!!!

Anything that is fast moving.

Snakes......I hate snakes.

Bats scare the crap out of me-not wild about rodents either. My daughter had pet rats.

Spiders. No contest.

I just found this little guy riding in the work truck, he’s in a bush now πŸ™‚

@NothinnXpreVails jumping spiders are so adorable!

The mind- It plays tricks on you all the time.
Whne you think is safe to go into the water it creeps you out again

Rosh Level 7 Apr 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.