Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (176 - 200)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not going to happen.

Seeing you are discussing a fictional concept, Stephen Fry's answer is about right. That being said, I understand the need for a lot of the humans on this earth to have finite answers to questions that can't be answered. They would be living in so much fear, they would be paralyzed.

<3 that..
I'll have to think about what I'd say... Will be difficult to top all that...

The greatest trick of Satan was convinsing people he dosn't exist.

Why are you posting on an Atheist site?

@mickeyrom I thought I posted this where the question was about gods in movies.

If I should discover, after I die
that it be the truth, what I pegged as a lie
alone with the Gods, just a moment or two
to shake my head, and say shame on you

NOW you show up.

I'd tell him he's a shitty leader, creator, designer. But that won't ever happen.

"In college they told me this was all bullshit" - Steve Martin

I would likely be kicked off this site if I wrote what I would really want to say as I'm sure it would be laced with a ton of color metaphors.

Have to be...."You sneaky bastard! You really fooled me...."

"Scuse me sir/mam... where's the buffet?"

Hi, God. Can you create a rock that is so heavy that you cannot lift it? Otherwise known as Godel's incompleteness thereom. If he can answer it, then there really is a God.

I'd probably ask them them (he/she) what the meaning and purpose of life was so that I could compare it with my findings on the topic.

It was your plan, not mine.

The thing about Stephen Fry's kind of person is that he is prone to making theatrics, rather than actually addressing subject matter at hand. If you notice, he doesn't stop to think about the question or anything, he just sort of spouts off with a sufficient, rather than well-thought out response.

To entertain the question, to think that a human being, in the face of something like the abrahamic God, would be able to come up with something to say is kind of ridiculous because it's akin to thinking that paper should be stored in fire-if, hypothetically, a person is in audience with God, it's pretty much the most intense scenario a person can possibly be in.

Oh hell, I f... Up

If by chance there actually was an afterlife, As I stroll along the path to the pearly gates, and Peter beckoned me in to meet his boss, I'd reply ' No thanks Peter I'll be moving right along '.why settle for the small stuff?....

What's Life, the Universe and Everything else? And I won't take 42 as an answer. (I assume he will be a mouse)

You've been slacking guy,

Does my opinion really count?

How could I be faced with anything when I die? My long time religious friend from childhood days says one day I'm gonna wake up in a place where I do not want to be. How can a dead person wake up? Yes, death is compared to sleep but what else would ancient goat herders compare it to? Look at the cultures over time that talk of something after death and not a one of them with any proof whatsoever.

Because everyone's version of God is a reflection of their own self image, I would probably have to tell him how his physical attractiveness is only surpassed by his intellectual brilliance. Then I would complement him on his immense modesty in the face of obvious divine perfection. Of course.

Why in the bleep should I be blamed for stuff some a did thousands of years ago. Thinking about that explain to me why curiosity and knowledge is bad? Furthermore killing children? Really? With how much of an a you are I certainly don't want to be here with you! Continue ranting for years and years

Since the odds of this meeting taking place are 1 in 100's of thousands/ millions, I won't be spending any time writing or rehearsing a speech. I'll just wing it, IF I get there

twill Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

I think you overestimate the likelihood. More like 0 out of infinity.

This is a tough one, one of the questions might be ,why such much inconsistency?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.