Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I were dead, I would "be" in no position for discussion of any kind!

Athos Level 5 Apr 24, 2018

I would say, " So, which one of the 3,500 or more Gods that people have dreamt up are you, or are you another God entirely, and why didn't you stop them from killing Sharon Tate, not to mention all the other atrocities that happened in human history, many in your name, and what have you got to say for yourself, M-Fer?"

I figure if I'm going to be damned, I'm going down swingin'

I would tell him that he's a real jerk.

i have a lot of questions id ask, but the one i remember being the first one i ever had about the whole god/bible thing is, how on earth is allowing your child(forgetting that this child is also supposed to be god, but not god for a moment...)to be brutally murdered to help a bunch of people who you feel did bad things(sin) in any stretch of the imagination supposed to be a good thing? as a parent i just don't get that bit. also the whole idea that this god is supposed to be more important to you than anything, even your family. nobody is more important to me than my family. to me, thats like saying my boss is more important to me than my family. i mean yeah he/shes an important person, and if he/shes a good boss, i will respect them and maybe even look up to them. but if the building was on fire and i could only save my family or my boss, sorry but the boss dies horribly in the fire i guess. i remember when i found that out, i wondered if my dad was gonna kill me one day.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

Fry's answer is pretty good. I'd say: Why do you hate brown people so much?

"Great, I thought I was really dead, but it's just a bad dream."

JimG Level 8 Apr 24, 2018

What’s up with childhood cancer yo?

Which god? If there's only one, as the question implies, why would "he" be male? With no female gods to mate with that makes no sense.

In any case, in the unlikely event something like the proposed happens, I suppose my greeting would be "go fuck yourself."

why did he left everything left to run in course, leting peopme die, letting them to kill, rape, and why in the fuck he would ever make rules on the things he does not want humans to do, would he left us because he made us in his image therefore we are Gods as well. Is this some kind of game to be able to play in heaven, everything seemed to be desing on math why wouldnt he let people know that they must find their own path and see that there is no difference.

For this to happen I would either be dreaming or having some sort of psychotic episode. I hope it would be due to the former. If it were due to the latter, I would hope that someone would get me on the necessary meds to snap me out of it.

But while in such a psychotic episode I could ask why it was such a needy, selfish, genocidal jerk. Yes, I know this only relates to the god I was taught to believe in; but, that is the god I would see.

Dude, you must be the hide and seek world champion! So, what's the deal with giving blood cancer to children?

I do not deal with impossibilities.

** Her.

Seriously? This is the best you could do?

OOPS! or MY BAD! Only kidding, if that happened, which I truly doubt. I would ask s/him why s/he let so much shit happen on his/her watch. Why let the holocaust happen? Natural Disasters? Children getting terrible diseases? Why didn't s/he stop the stupid wars? Why did s/he not give brains to 45 or his cult? Why let despots run countries and harm their own people? I wouldn't really worry about what s/he may think of me, but I have a lot to say about the harm done in the world because of his/her indifference or lack of ability to interfere. Does god have a Prime DIrective?

Have you been enjoying your vacation?

I would ask why? Then I would take my own seat on the judgement seat and ask him why he allowed so many to kill in his name and why he sat by idly and did nothing. I would ask him about disease, AIDS, bone cancer in children, natural disasters, child abuse and neglect. At the end of my inquisition I would ask him why all of the prayers of those that suffered so much were in vain and why he required us to give praise and based on nothing but old books written by barely literate tribesman from the Middle East. I would then tell him to go fornicate with himself

"Oops!" ?

What is the deal with brainworms? Ticks? Fleas? Chiggers? Intestinal parasites? Which folks on the ark you had Noah build carried all the human parasites? And to borrow a Carlin question - why does everything you make die?

Ohub Level 7 Oct 9, 2018

Why don't you do something about the fouled up world? Why do you frown on gay people? Aren't they your children to.

freedom41, Although I am an atheist myself, I have known religious people who are not anti lgbtq.

Why did you murder all those innocent people?

Long time, no see.

that would depend on which god it was.

g

I don't have to do that again, do I?

Oops!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.