Agnostic.com

314 19

Do you support Trump?

I completely believe that the US government needs to be completely revamped and revised before we can actually do any good for this country. But - taking that out of the equation, for now, I'd really love to hear people's (honest, respectful and mature) reasons why they do or do not support Trump. (or is unsure). Please, no disrespect or rudeness. He is our president and deserves at least the respect that position affords him (that does not mean we agree with him, but we shouldn't be slinging insults and such)

• 50 votes
  • 664 votes
  • 13 votes
smilnjan 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

314 comments (226 - 250)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It seems the majority of Trump’s supporters emerge from the “straight white christian cisgendered” community, and not always the innocent ones... I’ll just leave it at that.

I don't necessarily think that he has earned the respect that a president deserves. Making fun of the disabled really rubbed me the wrong way during the election season. Obama at least tried to be a responsible looking president and he still received racist death threats.

HELL NO! This guy is EVIL INCARNATE! And the religious people that support this charlatan have made me even more doubtful about religion.

I support him all the way out the door along with all his f-ed up cronies.He is a dangerous and mentally unstable narcissist. God bless and keep the czar, I mean president, far away from us.

No no no no no. And "position" alone is not deserving of respect.

Just like Brexit is destroying the world's image of UK ,Trump is destroying the image of the good in America. It is fortunate I know a few good Americans and am related to others. He thinks that negotiating and diplomatic powers of a president are the same as those for negotiating the Trump tower. No one should be elected as president unless in a previous post he achieved some real social gains for people. I am not fully aware of his full political history.

The man has no concept of Truth, nor Honor, and is Seriously undermining our form of government and way of life. Our country depends on the People having trust!

Being an educated, reasonable intelligent, caring person with a daughter and g'daughter ... NO. I think trump is the worst possible 'POTUS". He is everything America stands against. He is undoing America.

I don’t agree he deserves any respect.

Did he respect the people hurt in Orlando?
Did he respect the people affected by the KKK march in NC?
Did he respect any child or sexual assault victim by endorsing a pedophile for a government position?
Did he respect the last president?
Did he respect Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and California when he flat out refused to send aid during the fall infernos?
Did he respect women by saying he could grab them by the pussy?
Did he fucking respect the entire island of Puerto Rico after the hurricane when he said he wasn’t going to send help and they could go back to Mexico?

Should I keep going?

Not in anyone's wildest imaginings would I support Trump.

Can't wait until he's a footnote in history.

The president is not the real problem the Senate and House representative that have been in office for a very long time have made the same bad choices year after year. Limit the government officials to not buy or own oil futures, pharmacituials, or any thing that controls the economy.

Trump represents the worst kind of being on this planet

I don’t really have anything nice to say about the man. It’s hard for me to give the respect afforded by the position itself when he doesn’t even respect the position he’s in. Savvy? I didn’t like Obama much, but he had class and integrity and knew where he was and how he got there and showed it the respect it deserves. 45 is going to dismantle as many things Obama did as he can, piss off the world at large and get us into one or several conflicts with other nations....all while blowing the dog whistle for his base and creating conditions RIPE for Civil War pt. 2....we can see that happening right now. No, I don’t like him or support him. He’s there for all the wrong reasons and it will take decades to return this country to being pre-MAGA great again.

I don't support his character though I appreciate some of his foreign policy with Israel. The key there being some and certainly not many or all. Even as a moderate with a conservative bent towards economic issues I don't believe his policies (the wall, repealing and not replacing ACA, and the tax cuts) are likely to improve our economic issues. Unfortunately I voted for him to avoid a Clinton and I know many who did the same. Wish a third party could rise in this two party monopoly.

Hell NO!!

To get respect, an individual has to in some way or other earn it.

gearl Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

I was truly horrified that most of my male family members not only voted for him but don't see admitted sexual assault as a reason to not vote for someone 😟

While he is the embodiment of everything i abhor I don't believe he is all that different from the other ultra-wealthy phonies who are put into ruling positions by the true power brokers on the planet - or the Real Enemy as I iike to call them - they spout Godly intentions while screwing all of us. Just like I believe Obama was a bone to the poor and colored masses, 45 is the bone of equal value on the opposite side of the same joint!

I realize the office of our President deserves respect, but I CANNOT respect trump! Not now, not ever...not as long as he behaves beneath the office of THE PRESIDENT of the United States! I will regard him as a human being and do not wish him 'ill will'...but do not ask or force me to respect someone for whom I can find...not one reason to do so! That would be insane!

I could never support someone who publicly mocks the handicapped, brags about sexual assault, flagrantly and pathologically lies, and childishly and habitually belittles and insults other people. Trump lacks the qualities of a decent human being and that alone is reason enough not to support him. He is crude, a hypocrite, and a thin-skinned bully. He embodies so much of what is wrong with American society, American government, and American corporations.

And personally, my comments are being kind, since I decided not to include the long list of expletives and profanities that Trump deserves.

I do not support him for multiple reasons.

1.Strong arm tactics are impressive only if the person committing our country to war actually has an understanding of the WORK involved and how much everyone (including himself and his cronies) stand to lose.
2. Dismantling the systems which keep Americans safe will lower the bottom line for this country, certainly, but there is a human cost. Beyond the human cost, there are structures he doesn't seem to understand are intimately connected with his own interests which will fall apart. Those systems keep not only us, but him and his people safe.
3. He doesn't seem to understand how to run things beyond business strategies. Schools and government should not be run as a business. Pure capitalism is a feral entity, interested only in its own short term existence.

Beyond the above, I find him to be morally repugnant, as viewed from a distance. He has the money and power to make his immediate world run exactly to his liking, and has never developed the empathy necessary for diplomacy or leadership.

I DO NOT like the man. But, taking the whole he is the pilot, america is the plane and we are on the plane metaphor... I support him. I DO NOT like some things he has done, but I do not want him to be Impeached because of Mike Pence being such a Bible Humper! I truly believe Mike Pence is a bit more dangerous than Trump. But, if we ever do impeach him, I suggest we remove everyone from power that he has appointed. Honestly, I think our entire government needs to be replaced.

I was always told to find the best in people, so here goes: "Donald Trump exhales carbon dioxide, which is used by plants." Other than that, he stands for everything I dislike and mistrust about humanity...Wow, I'm really glad I thought of at least ONE good thing to say about him...

November 9, 2016 ... I woke up, turned on TV and saw the smirking face of #45. First thing I did was to stuff a twenty dollar bill into my Swear Jar. Every time I let off a cuss word, I drop a quarter into the Swear Jar. Every time I drop the F Bomb, I drop 50 cents into the Swear Jar. When the jar gets full, I give alms to the poor. The poor have gotten lots of alms from yours truly in the past year.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 27, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.