Agnostic.com

59 6

While in your teens did you see your current age as old?

53 did seem old to me then. Sometimes feel old when I see someone in their 30 and realize that I am old enough to be their father.

Shelton 8 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

fuck yes

I had an uncle Charlie He was about 70 then. His hands were wrinkled, and had brown spots. I thought "Wow, he' really old" Guess what?

I definitely saw 58 as old when I was a teenager. I still see 58 as old. Although, I don't think I look quite as old as a lot of others I know who are my age.

Duke Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

Yep. Truth be told, I never expected to make it much past 50. At 65, I can't tell how old anyone under 40 is.

I saw my mother in her late 40’s and I definitely saw her as old. I’m 47, I don’t see myself as old and funny enough neither do my kids.

Not especially but in my 20s I doubted I would make it to 45

There years ago I was out walking and I said hi to two young lads. One of them replied "hello old man ". I smiled and realized that he was right. I feel young inside but at sixty the body belies this feeling. When I was a kid anyone that read newspapers were seen as old by me!

Of course and you ain't seen nothing yet!

I see my current age as old now!

"Don't trust anybody over thirty."

Yes, I did. Now that I reached it, It isn't so bad. As long as no one talks down to me with judge a book by it's cover philosphy or tattles on me because think I"m lying about my age.

Oh, yaah. Waity until you are old enough to be the grandfather of someone in their 30s. At the age of 80+ I don't tyhink about age so much anymore. I just feel like I am hanging in there.

Ha! My grandparents at 55 were a LOT older than I am at the same chronological age. ?

Zster Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

When I was a teen most adults I knew were either in their 40s or in their 70s. I don't have any memories of thinking anyone old. I am mother to someone who is 30, and 33, and 26. And grandmother to two under 2. Do I feel old, sometimes. I have some aches and pains now and the floor seems so low and so hard to gracefully get off of. I'm working on that though. I have sorta retired and I'm using this time to get more exercise and into better health. I don't mind being "old" I just don't want to be decrepit.

Hell yeah! I thought 57 was freakin' ancient!
Now, it just FEELS that way. LOL

yep! but i AM old! (i'm 66 and a half.) the going mantra was not to trust anyone over 30 but i never bought into that.

g

When I was 10, I told myself that I would kill myself when I turned 40. I did not want to be old. The closer I got to 40, the less old it looked. Now I'm almost 60 and feel great.

I'm not sure what I would consider old now.

Yes, absolutely. I would have considered my age to be ancient. I still do because I think and act like I am that teenager again. I often say that I am re-visiting my teens. 😀

The normal attitude about "old" is, it is 20 years older than your present age.

As a pre-teen and teen, I was into men who were in their 40s or older. I liked how mature they were. When I got older, in my 20s and 30s, I preferred men in their 50s or older. And now, I still like much older men. I guess in my teenage years I wouldn't see someone who's 47, like I am now, as old, just mature and desirable.

I remember when I was a little girl,my mom used to said, by year 2000 you will be 29!! for me that was way to far!!! well today is 2018 and that was fast!!!

Welcome to life....

I had a teacher who was around my current age, and I thought she was smoking hot. On the other hand, no matter how old you get, your parents will always be too old.

Absolutely not. Growing up Fundamentalist, I always thought Jesus was going to come before I was even old enough to drink. When that didn't happen, I thought it would be soon enough that I didn't grow old. Bottom line, Jesus is lost, and won't stop and ask for directions, and I'm still waiting here for him to pick me up and introduce me to his dad.

yep...and i was right. ? when my grandfather was my age now I was 9 years old.

No - 54 is OLD! 🙂

I could never imagine being as old as I am now. ( I'll be 72 in December). I thought my grandma was incredibly old, but she was in her 40s when I was little. I would be thrilled if I could go back to my 40s now. When I was a teenager, I wondered if I would live long enough to see the year 2000. It seemed very impossible to live thG long. I was 54 in 2000. It doesn't seem old at all now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.