Agnostic.com

64 7

While in your teens did you see your current age as old?

53 did seem old to me then. Sometimes feel old when I see someone in their 30 and realize that I am old enough to be their father.

By Shelton8
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

64 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Truth be told, I didn't come to see my current age as old (30 lol) until fairly recently. Though it started when I realized that I was less and less familier with what was on the trendy pop music stations of the time.

Now, all I know about that scene is that is all sounds bloody horrible.

Mb_Man Level 6 Sep 11, 2018

fuck yes

I had an uncle Charlie He was about 70 then. His hands were wrinkled, and had brown spots. I thought "Wow, he' really old" Guess what?

I have photos of my four year old self with my grandfather, then 50. He looks a hell of a lot older and more feeble than I do now at 63.

Byrdsfan Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

Yep. Truth be told, I never expected to make it much past 50. At 65, I can't tell how old anyone under 40 is.

zeuser Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

I saw my mother in her late 40’s and I definitely saw her as old. I’m 47, I don’t see myself as old and funny enough neither do my kids.

Not especially but in my 20s I doubted I would make it to 45

maxhyde Level 7 Sep 11, 2018

There years ago I was out walking and I said hi to two young lads. One of them replied "hello old man ". I smiled and realized that he was right. I feel young inside but at sixty the body belies this feeling. When I was a kid anyone that read newspapers were seen as old by me!

Of course and you ain't seen nothing yet!

oldFloyd Level 7 Sep 11, 2018

I see my current age as old now!

Sticks48 Level 9 Sep 11, 2018

No. I had crushes on men this age. I'm just now eligible to date these men!

@Shelton I am picky, though so no advertising this fact. smile007.gif

I had a list of shit I had to do by 30 like that was the end lol

"Don't trust anybody over thirty."

Jacar Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

Yes, I did. Now that I reached it, It isn't so bad. As long as no one talks down to me with judge a book by it's cover philosphy or tattles on me because think I"m lying about my age.

freedom41 Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

Oh, yaah. Waity until you are old enough to be the grandfather of someone in their 30s. At the age of 80+ I don't tyhink about age so much anymore. I just feel like I am hanging in there.

wordywalt Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

Ha! My grandparents at 55 were a LOT older than I am at the same chronological age. ?

Zster Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

When I was a teen most adults I knew were either in their 40s or in their 70s. I don't have any memories of thinking anyone old. I am mother to someone who is 30, and 33, and 26. And grandmother to two under 2. Do I feel old, sometimes. I have some aches and pains now and the floor seems so low and so hard to gracefully get off of. I'm working on that though. I have sorta retired and I'm using this time to get more exercise and into better health. I don't mind being "old" I just don't want to be decrepit.

Hell yeah! I thought 57 was freakin' ancient!
Now, it just FEELS that way. LOL

KKGator Level 9 Sep 11, 2018

yep! but i AM old! (i'm 66 and a half.) the going mantra was not to trust anyone over 30 but i never bought into that.

g

genessa Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

When I was 10, I told myself that I would kill myself when I turned 40. I did not want to be old. The closer I got to 40, the less old it looked. Now I'm almost 60 and feel great.

I'm not sure what I would consider old now.

kiramea Level 7 Sep 11, 2018

Yes, absolutely. I would have considered my age to be ancient. I still do because I think and act like I am that teenager again. I often say that I am re-visiting my teens. smile002.gif

The normal attitude about "old" is, it is 20 years older than your present age.

jlynn37 Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

As a pre-teen and teen, I was into men who were in their 40s or older. I liked how mature they were. When I got older, in my 20s and 30s, I preferred men in their 50s or older. And now, I still like much older men. I guess in my teenage years I wouldn't see someone who's 47, like I am now, as old, just mature and desirable.

graceylou Level 8 Sep 11, 2018

I remember when I was a little girl,my mom used to said, by year 2000 you will be 29!! for me that was way to far!!! well today is 2018 and that was fast!!!

vmedel Level 6 Sep 11, 2018

Welcome to life....

I had a teacher who was around my current age, and I thought she was smoking hot. On the other hand, no matter how old you get, your parents will always be too old.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:176483'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!