Agnostic.com
10 3

Well, I met a nice girl online last night and had a nice conversation with her. Got my hopes up then they were crushed when she said she already had three kids and didn't want any more. Well, I'm sorry but seems I've wasted your time was my response. I genuinely hope she finds someone good for her, but I want kids...

Jurnee 5 June 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You should be grateful to her that she let you know at once and you did not get your hopes up. Besides now you know that out there are women who are nice.

Jolanta Level 9 July 8, 2020

I've always been of the opinion that wanting kids would be a joint decision. Not that I'm saying another view is wrong, but for me being in the right partnership first took precedence over having kids with the wrong woman. We got divorced after having kids, but I think that attitude gave it a better chance at least.

Salo Level 7 June 23, 2020

Also do you want your own biological kids? Or are you OK with adoption? Cuz technically you could have become a stepdad or adoptive parent to her kids. Blended families are quite common in modern era.

The app we used, and I believe most, allow you to skip the children question. And I understand the step dad thing... But like, I want to have my own biological children. I want to be there from the beginning. To see their first steps and hear their first words.

And at the same time, I understand that not everyone is physically able to have children. But, I'd still like to try and, if necessary, go through the pain and grief and heartbreak together.

If the app you are using offers this feature Read Her Profile and pay attention to the section that says "wants to have kids" . Odds are she answered that she does not.

I have the opposite problem. I'm happily childfree but too many men want kids, when half of em are man-babies themselves!

You're going to blow her off just because she doesn't want more kids? Think about the closeness, the cuddling, having someone to share experiences with. Does she smile? Is she affectionate? Is she pretty? It may not be too late to change your mind.

BitFlipper Level 8 June 18, 2020

If he wants children of his own then I think he’s absolutely correct in not pursuing anything with her

@Marcie1974 Yes,I understand, but I held out for kids and now I've got nothing.

Affection and attractiveness mean nothing when your desires do not align with each other. Incompatibility comes in many forms.

@Jurnee tell me that after your life has been devoid of affection for 18 years. Good luck in your search for perfection, but I need someone to hold and be held by.

Yes it was great you found out in your first conservation and she was up front ,but also sounds like you were head of your self assuming things before even the conversation about it took place ,unfortuneatly lot of guys are this way as they say putting the cart before the horse ,first ,second and third conversations are exploratory about finding the right connections likes and dislikes boundarys etc and after the third and everything looks good then let you hopes up a little,but do not go over board ,or you will get hurt all to quickly ,and with most men it is usually self imposed,,women are usually quite up front with all that info as they to do not want to be disappointer good luck in your search

RoyMillar Level 9 June 18, 2020

I wasn't assuming things were going to go further. I mean, we met on a dating app.... Pretty sure it's implied and we were pretty upfront about what we were looking for in our bios. Well except for that thing about the kids I guess.

At least you found out early

bobwjr Level 10 June 18, 2020

That's why that particular question is included is the bio material . Everyone should complete their own bio , and should read the bio of those they find interesting enough to talk to .

Cast1es Level 9 June 18, 2020

Good that the discussion was upfront.

St-Sinner Level 9 June 18, 2020

Good thing you found out now. She has a lot of kids so it makes sense to me that she does not want more.

GreatNani Level 8 June 18, 2020

Yeah. I figured the same. Just sucks when you click on most things but something that's non-negotiable. It's a bit disheartening. Like you start to think your desires are unreasonable.

@Jurnee Your desires are totally normal.If you want kids you will find someone.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 68

Photos 164 More

Posted by UnitySomeday my princess will appear before me. ❤️

Posted by AtheistPeace666Hello I'm a single Canuck looking for my special lady Canuck.

Posted by KhaCRYou ever feel like you found the perfect sexual partner then he turns out to be a complete 💩bag and you can’t find the satisfaction in other encounters?

Posted by EntheogenFanI have a story to tell.

Posted by EntheogenFanI have a story to tell.

Posted by KateOahuYes, I agree that the reverse is also true.

Posted by JolantaThis is what women have to put up with and then they want to be intimate while we are still angry because they will not do their share of housework.

Posted by JolantaDucky, Snookums....

Posted by SorchaThis is a guy I was talking to from okcupid. He is totally new to online dating and it shows.

Posted by JolantaThat’s Amore. Some women are just far too shallow.

Posted by JolantaSomething for real intimacy perhaps.

Posted by Green_Soldier71Has anyone here had any experience with (or known someone who has/had) a SEXLESS MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP or a FRIGID PARTNER?

Posted by EyesThatSmileNakedness.

Posted by LetzGetRealMy family has often commented how I should become a "cougar"... as I look pretty good at my age and have a younger mindset than some of my peers, I guess this is there rationale?

Posted by Ann-1980The 4 types of Intimacy to feel sufficient, satisfied & healing in a love relationship.

Posted by Philip21over the top thinking? [agnostic.com]

• Top tags#relationship #sex #intimacy #video #friends #religious #hope #religion #world #god #children #wife #marriage #book #kids #advice #death #reason #agnostic #beliefs #Atheist #hell #money #society #movies #fear #hello #Present #parents #belief #loves #Song #community #lonely #books #divorce #culture #humans #dogs #sleep #chemistry #Christian #college #soul #animals #sexy #philosophy #holiday #DonaldTrump #sexuality ...

Members 1,849Top