Agnostic.com

341 197

Dating after 50

Is it just me, or is dating after 50 a nightmare?

It seems like almost everyone is so religious, which narrows the pool significantly.

Then out of those who are left the majority fall into one of these categories: looking for a nurse/care giver,
looking for someone MUCH younger to recapture their youth or REPUBLICAN

Then of the 10 people in your region that are left...you don't like 5 and the other 5 don't like you.

OYE! I think I just need a gay best friend to do things with and a new vibrator.

Crimson67 8 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

341 comments (226 - 250)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I had the moral profile that allowed me to date married women, I'd have it made, at least a far as dating is concerned. For whatever the reason, married women are fascinated with me. No I don't go there. It's been tempting.

You have hit a hot topic that no one knows an easy answer to. I recently spent time with my brother, we were waiting on news of our mom who had a stroke. There was plenty of time making sure she was getting the best chance to recover but also lots of time just talking about life. He has witnessed the best and worst of my life. Truth is he wants me to be reasonably happy...not wealthy, not in a big house and certainly not with a huge upgrade socially.

• I whined about my quest for a partner, my disappointments, my wants!

John says, "Shara, think about what you need, not what you want. That's normally two different things. Identify just what you need in a partner and give a guy the chance to meet those. That person will come in your life when you are ready. " (I'm skeptical of that one but what do I have to lose lol)

Simple but hard question...I've been thinking about it ever since.
*will answer later as a post. I leave tomorrow to join my brother John and family as we place our mother in a new facility. Sibs need each other's support through crisis.

Was born in 1950, been divorced since 1983. Live in a county in Texas where 80% of voters voted for Trump. Things are going to start looking up for me...any day now. No hurry. I'm retired, have enough to live on, my house and car are paid for, my dogs love me, and my health is holding up, so far. If I find someone, I find someone. Until then...

@Boogey Like deja vu...all over again. I believe that's a Yogi Berra quote. Yogi also once said that he never said all they said he said. The anniversary of my birth is the anniversary of JFK's death.

@Boogey That's a yogi-like quote.

He also said, "no one goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

You speak well ,

Yeah. Believe me I get it. I love your list. I would add to it Being geographically undesirable, it amazes me how many men say they will look no further than 20 miles for a real relationship. Yeah that is weird. Also all of a sudden assets have become a huge deal, such as if I don't own a home that I can sell then my maket value as a single woman has gone down.

That is crazy! What we own is not their concern. I get asked if I own property and my reply is...why...Are you a realtor?

@goldrose I hear you. Seems to be all about combining assets at this point. It really annoys me

Well said.

soquel Level 6 July 10, 2018

I'm 65 I have 3 "lady friends" I see regularly.

I read about 100 of these responses and with all due respect you all seem to have one thing in common. The reak of desperation. The ladies universal complaint seems to be is all men want just one thing. Conversely the men's universal complaint seems to be all women want is everything.

Good luck you guys.

I don't know, I'm a straight shooter. I spell out what I want and I don't want everything.

I don't think it's fair to assume people are desperate because they want to be in a satisfying relationship with a compatible person. Companionship is a basic human need.

He can't spell...reek
I totally want a sexual relationship.
But not with someone who is screwing 2 other women and characterises women as "desperate".
There are kind and caring men my age who have a healthy libido....to match mine.

I'm 63, also I need is a vibrator.

Don’t you think you gets the right feelings from a sweet and humble man that’s is ready to spend the rest of his life with you .?

I have all non-vibrate ones..

I'm 67 and having fun dating.
I love the adventure.
Most of the time we end up just being friends, but we had fun getting there.

Photog Level 4 July 12, 2018

YES. I think I've just about given up on the dating scene, especially where I live. The pickin's are just too slim out here. Everyone out here my age is a bloated grandfather, sigh.

So you think your age is a problem? Try being 88 in here! I understand that people look at my age and put me in a rocking chair in a nursing home. And I understand it too, but THAT AIN’T ME! I’m in great shape, go dancing at least once a week, exercise, eat right, can still do it all, but I think people look at my age and don’t bother checking out my profile or my posts. I think I have a lot to offer but I guess that’s life so I’ll just try to wear my patience shirt. It’s STILL a good life!

I'm 70 and have a similar problem. A Jack Lalanne clone. Lifetime athlete/cyclist. Overeducated autodidact, read more serious nonfiction books than anyone. Dance, been to ballets and operas. Been to the Bolshoi and Mariinsky Theaters, Tolstoi's Moscow Home, Pushkin's Room, Athiest Leftist. Seldom get contacted, Why?

@Healthydoc70 I'm 63 and I fear you. You might make me exercise and eat healthy, possibly opting for a vegan lifestyle. What? no rock & roll, Hip-hop or Jazz? Ballet? I want to go fishing! I'm just messing with you but hopefully you see my point. You have a tough profile.

You might find the right one even In your 50 ‘s , my past don’t is gone , have to give a try.

Maybe some of you looking for love/sex/relationship should visit NYC and see about going to a singles bar or a club, they're thousands here, and get togethers are frequent and common place lots of times turn into long term relationships. Just a thought ? oh, and you won't find many Bible thumpers there either hehe

As I've said at work many times-I'm too old for the young ones and too young for the old ones.

Haha. What happened to the old vibrator ?. Seriously though it seems like that is most age groups. I’ve found an awesome person on here and looking forward to meeting her soon. But most apps the people that contact me I’m not keen on and the ones I contact don’t respond.

antman Level 7 July 17, 2018

Call me..

Completely understand. Try being a BBW poly pansexual dominatrix

I think I've totally given up. all the guys that interest me are far away geographically. and being an introvert does not make this easier

808nyx Level 4 July 20, 2018

I think having dismal expectations give dismal results. Not that having a great vibrator or toy isn't a good thing, with or without a partner to have sex with.
If you are open to meeting an exciting, loving man that you are attracted to, it's quite possible you will align with a good fit.

That was funny. I'm 47. No plans of another relationship. Which means it's bound to happen.

LOL...your in Kentucky. I think it's hard to find someone like yourself there. I'm having the same issue here so it's off to the west coast for me soon.

"Older men want a nurse or a purse," my mother said at 53.

Mom started dating two years after my father died. Mom and Dad were high school sweethearts who eloped at age 17.

Oh BS, I don't want or need a nurse and don't need a purse. I also don't need/ want a "grandma" lots of living and adventures yet before they run me through the wood chipper.

@GlenPoss

That's what my mother said, not me.

As we age, we become settled and on the path to enlightenment. Our children are grown and our values have changed. I got tired of settling and getting dumped because my belief got in the way. This site could make a difference in many of our lives. I'm an introvert and when it comes to dating I don't want to go out, I want to go in. lol. many still have fears that need to be soothed before stepping out again. Just open yourself up and someone will come along.

I'm thinking "catch 22", you can't have it until you don't want it. How many have found a great relationship after giving up and stopped the search? I'm at the point where if the perfect relationship were right in front of me I'd turn and walk away. It won't be perfect for long.

Oh it sucks for sure, and if you are atheist and " not into kids" you are really a blue cow.

Oh it sucks for sure, and if you are atheist and " not into kids" you are really a blue cow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.