Think for yourself? The community for agnostics, atheists and others!

Meet other Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Freethinkers,
Secularists, Skeptics and others - all for free!

Join Now
Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
Extreme travel?
#money#earth#moon
Posted by By BoingoOingo42 | 6 comments | NM, USA | Sep 24, 2018
Name three of your all-time favorite bands...... Muddy Waters,Eagles,Allman Brothers.
Posted by By HardBlues69 | 9 comments | Chicago, USA | Sep 24, 2018
Are we still a primitive species?
#depression#evolution#society#species#reason#teach#hope#fish
Posted by By AShep82 | 4 comments | Canada | Sep 24, 2018
Some people are just born into a lucky life while others aren’t? True or false?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 8 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 24, 2018
Opposite beliefs in a relationship
#relationship#Christian#religion#beliefs#holiday#hello#wife
Posted by By Karlee | 12 comments | MI, USA | Sep 24, 2018
Why are we here ?
#animals#species#god
Posted by By Sofocleto | 13 comments | Mexico City In Winter, Canada | Sep 24, 2018
POLL Would you want to know? A friend of mine just told me that after taking a treatment for weak arms/muscles for 3 months, his doctor, after telling him that the treatments seem to be working, told him ...
#disease
Posted by By lerlo | 18 comments | Fountain Hills, AZ (85268), USA | Sep 24, 2018
Physical feature that is the best turn on?
#sexy
Posted by By VelociraptorRemy | 47 comments | Crap Bag, USA | Sep 24, 2018
Anyone else feel isolated? How do adults even make friends? I have none. I wonder if the social connectedness of church is what keeps rational people attending.
#friends#church
Posted by By BeccaVa | 72 comments | VA, USA | Sep 23, 2018
What was the best first date you've had?
#dating#kiss
Posted by By VelociraptorRemy | 37 comments | Crap Bag, USA | Sep 23, 2018
The one thing we all have in common is that we don't buy into organized religion, however, is there something that you DO believe in or something you practice? (I believe and practice Feng Shui)
#fengshui#religion
Posted by By Redcupcoffee | 95 comments | Detroit, USA | Sep 23, 2018
Do you think there should be a high school course to teach common sense laws to teenagers?
#drinking#animals#rights#teach#kids#rape#drug#laws
Posted by By Marine | 55 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Sep 23, 2018
I grew up in a Christian home, went to Evangelical/Baptist prep school, and went on to attend a Methodist University where the veil was finally lifted from my eyes after read Marilyn Manson's auto ...
#university#ChristopherHitchens#RichardDawkins#ExChristian#Christian#religious#SamHarris#books#god#Marilynmanson
Posted by By speezasaurus | 7 comments | MI, USA | Sep 22, 2018
Children and Religion/Beliefs
#children#beliefs
Posted by By AdamHoople | 12 comments | OH, USA | Sep 22, 2018
What does everyone think about sexbots? Texas is opening it's first"brothel" if these bots have Artificial Intelligence is it cheating or are they just toys?Will they interfere with relationships or ...
#ArtificialIntelligence#Texas#SexWorkers#sex
Posted by By Gar10 | 63 comments | Bermuda Triangle, USA | Sep 22, 2018
Shitty by association?
#bullshit#liberal#Mormons#beliefs#friends#reason
Posted by By Stepmomofdragons | 18 comments | FL, USA | Sep 22, 2018
Last night I was out with The Phoenix Atheists Meetup group at a local restaurant. Somebody walking by dropped a note on our table proving the existence of GOD, Asking us to look at our thumbprint and...
#existence#atheism#verses#Bible#god
Posted by By GeorgeRocheleau | 49 comments | Mesa, USA | Sep 22, 2018
LINK Be More. PBS.Right
#sexuality
Posted by By Akfishlady | 7 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 22, 2018
LINK We’re asking the wrong question about Medicare-for-all - The Washington Post
#healthcare#Medicare#Medicaid#funding#taxes#Cost#deficit
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 14 comments | Omaha, USA | Sep 22, 2018
Here's a little teaser for you..... How many Beatles songs can you identify in this drawing?
#Beatles#songs
Posted by By Sheannutt | 25 comments | OR, USA | Sep 22, 2018
Weekends..
Posted by By Teterbilt | 28 comments | Tri Cities, USA | Sep 22, 2018
Confidence or arrogance?
Posted by By SonOfABeachII | 33 comments | NE, USA | Sep 22, 2018
How to turn a negative into a positive: Scientists have used the Zika virus to kill aggressive brain cancer cells in mice. Researchers from The University of Texas used a Zika virus vaccine to ...
#university#cancer#humans#death#Texas
Posted by By birdingnut | 6 comments | Thailand | Sep 22, 2018
Failing Mother’s Godly Child Checklist One thing I love being at med school is that I get to stay away from the religious community I grew up in. Don’t get me wrong. I love my parents, but I ...
#religious#religion#Atheist#atheism#community#earth#world#god#FamilyDynamics#familyissues
Posted by By CesStuart | 22 comments | Somewhere, Philippines | Sep 22, 2018
What do you say when someone is dying? I'm constantly worried I'm going to say the wrong thing. I have an uncle with king cancer, and even though we've never been close, I think I should go and see ...
Posted by By Eazyduzzit | 28 comments | TN, USA | Sep 22, 2018
POLL How many atheists here are musicians/artists
#atheism#belief#god
Posted by By drovertone | 38 comments | NY, USA | Sep 22, 2018
POLL Where do you prefer to be beach or mountain?
#preference#location#mountain#beach
Posted by By DrBoolean | 49 comments | TX, USA | Sep 22, 2018
LINK Anybody here into Industrial Music?
#nonbelievers#Music
Posted by By Unimatrix907 | 19 comments | The Rock, USA | Sep 21, 2018
LINK Everything You Know About Obesity Is Wrong - The Huffington Post
#obesity#Fat
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 21 comments | Omaha, USA | Sep 21, 2018
A love for the ages.
#Science#love#sagan#Universe#Reality#druyan
Posted by By WilliamCharles | 7 comments | Antelope Valley, USA | Sep 21, 2018
LINK Forget wedding cakes. ADF now wants to keep transgender women out of homeless shelters. – ThinkProgress
#transgender#weddings
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 13 comments | Omaha, USA | Sep 21, 2018
I have for quite some time thought that those incarcerated in penitentiaries should be given free access to all the cannabis they want. I think this would solve, or at least mitigate, a number of ...
#cannabis#prison
Posted by By Condor5 | 12 comments | CA, USA | Sep 21, 2018
What is something that could make an unattractive person seem like the sexiest person in the world?
#world
Posted by By SonOfABeachII | 91 comments | NE, USA | Sep 21, 2018
POLL shoes laces or slip-ons? I myself am partial to laces.... actually I'm partial to Converse All Stars with laces. . Do you have a favorite shoe? I know Barefoot ain't a shoe, but this is about ...
#laces#slipons#shoes#Converse#stars#shoelaces#barefoot#sandals#boots#zipper
Posted by By hankster | 36 comments | slow, USA | Sep 21, 2018
Thank You Agnostic.com. for being here. I've met a wonderful, funny man. We are planning for the future. Without this site we would not have met.
#LoveConnection#success#agnosticDOTcom#LoveBoat
Posted by By charlotte62 | 46 comments | Soap Lake, USA | Sep 21, 2018
Text protocol.
#Texting#dating
Posted by By Hellas | 29 comments | Raleigh-Durham, USA | Sep 21, 2018
If you could live forever, could you guess now when you would choose to stop existing? (Comment)
#Hypothetical#question
Posted by By x0lineage0x | 41 comments | Anaheim, USA | Sep 21, 2018
Is the human embryo sacred or something special ?
#supernatural#Christian#abortion#religion#sacred#humans#moral#god
Posted by By Matias | 41 comments | Germany | Sep 21, 2018
Christian by culture?
#agnosticatheist#sharedvalues#Christian#dating#culture
Posted by By BikeHikeTravel | 22 comments | IN, USA | Sep 20, 2018
Why do young guys think sarcasm is positive?
#films#humor#fish
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 94 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 20, 2018
LINK Scientist Whose Male Boss Won Nobel For Her Work Is Giving New $3 Million Prize Away | HuffPost
#university#scientific#religion#society#belief#earth#money#stars
Posted by By Lukian | 4 comments | Canada | Sep 20, 2018
POLL Have you met anyone from this site? I have met 2 people that I would consider acquaintances. I keep hoping to make some friends and dream of romance through the site but so far no luck. How about ...
#friends#dream
Posted by By Akfishlady | 50 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 20, 2018
Where are you from? As a foreigner here I always get this question at bars. Some idiot asks me "where are you from?". My answer has always been "the restroom". You should see the expression on their ...
#religion#movies#opinion#rant
Posted by By lafunguy818 | 67 comments | CA, USA | Sep 20, 2018
Really....
Posted by By Louiseann | 25 comments | AZ, USA | Sep 20, 2018
Apistevist
#apistevist#Apistevism
Posted by By Auty89 | 14 comments | SC, USA | Sep 19, 2018
I'm sorry, but I really need to vent: My grandma is sick, hospitalized and just over 90. I'm attempting to force myself into a mindset where I can deal with the inevitable. Truth is, I know I'll...
Posted by By kasmian | 30 comments | Portugal | Sep 19, 2018
Has anyone else had a religious friend ask where your sense of morality comes from? Didn’t really know what to say except that I enjoy making people feel good. Treat people as you want to be ...
#morality#religious
Posted by By Sbaren00 | 72 comments | AR, USA | Sep 19, 2018
Are common interests important to you?
#movies#Interests
Posted by By Nichole765 | 90 comments | IN, USA | Sep 19, 2018
I could use some words of wisdom, friends. I don't have any family to turn to. I am all alone here. I turned to this community for support. Please, be gentle if you have some harsh words. I do hope ...
#teach#community#politics#teacher#friends#racist#faith#hope
Posted by By ForeignNata | 48 comments | AR, USA | Sep 19, 2018
"You cannot be a doctor if you believe in superstitions," said by my Catholic professor. Basically, it was just another ordinary day at med school. I was taking up some psychology classes and ...
#superstitions#psychologist#psychology#religion#Catholic#prayer
Posted by By CesStuart | 42 comments | Somewhere, Philippines | Sep 19, 2018
Is it possible to keep your child away from the idea of religion? I want her to make her own choices about it as she grows up, not have others force feed her supernatural ideas. Is this realistic with...
#supernatural#religious#religion
Posted by By Antitheist30 | 47 comments | NC, USA | Sep 19, 2018
Permission to step outside the marriage?
#relationship#Nonmonogamy#philosophy#marriage#love#wife#sex
Posted by By Stepmomofdragons | 43 comments | FL, USA | Sep 18, 2018
I used to think I had anger management issues when it comes to relationships, but I recently pondered my behavior and have concluded that I actually have trust issues. Why is it so hard for people to...
#AngerIssues#trust#anger
Posted by By Bevzilla | 28 comments | OH, USA | Sep 18, 2018
I would like to share a question some of my friends from the believer’s communities commonly ask. It’s regarding the opportunities for social life and gatherings for atheists. How would ...
#religious#celebrate#believer#friends#atheism#SocialEvents#celebrations#holiday
Posted by By aRationalThinker | 29 comments | MA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
I am agnostic and I am dating a mormon. Is this a recipe for disaster?
#mormon#disaster#agnostic#DatingBelievers#FaithVsNoFaith#dating
Posted by By BSquared | 57 comments | TX, USA | Sep 18, 2018
How good are you at striking up conversation with a stranger? Do you allow your prejudices and assumptions prevent you saying even hello let alone being able to allow others differing opinions or do ...
#hello#CantRememberYourName#HowAreYou
Posted by By FrayedBear | 41 comments | Ballarat, Australia | Sep 18, 2018
Need some input please!! So, one of the instructors in my Instructional Technology grad program asked us to design instruction for new ushers for a local church. It's worth a good portion of my final ...
Posted by By ReadyforaChange | 23 comments | NC, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Are there any female atheist activists?
#RichardDawkins#politicians#religion#Atheist#atheism#reason#world#sex
Posted by By Matias | 30 comments | Germany | Sep 18, 2018
What items on a person’s profile here make them an easy ‘Nope!’ for dating?
#belief#conservative#supernatural
Posted by By AmiSue | 83 comments | Fairfield County, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Has anybody ever gone numb emotionally?
#emotionally#numb
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 92 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Hurricane Florence is finally gone. Have electric back on after 6 days without. Felt great to take a shower, finally. Everyone has lost all food in freezers and refrigerators. The two grocery ...
#coffee#dying
Posted by By Alvinsmama | 17 comments | Jacksonville, USA | Sep 18, 2018
It's a rainy day here in western Massachusetts. My favorite thing to eat on a rainy day is pea soup. What's yours?
#comfortfood
Posted by By fidla | 37 comments | MA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Do you think that living in a foreign country for a long period of time changes people? Two very conservative friends of mine lived overseas for a long period of time and it changed them. After ...
Posted by By UrsiMajor | 48 comments | With The Ospreys, USA | Sep 18, 2018
LINK Study: people tend to cluster into four distinct personality “types” | Ars Technica
#PsychologicalTests#Personality#psychology
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 15 comments | LA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Never forget to ask yourself this question: Today is the first day of the rest of my life...why am I Here? And no this is not existential claptrap, I mean, why are you standing right here, right ...
Posted by By AnneWimsey | 23 comments | Groton, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Who is the most knowledgeable public atheist today?
#Atheist
Posted by By Antitheist30 | 23 comments | NC, USA | Sep 18, 2018
At what point did you realize you weren't compatible with the ideals of your contemporaries?
Posted by By Rabbittarius | 10 comments | CA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Have you ever been in a relationship where the other person did not know the cultural "givens" ? The 1st time was with a Jewish gf who did not know the story of the the good Samaritan. So I had to ...
#relationship#cultural#Atheist
Posted by By 273kelvin | 16 comments | Liverpool, UK | Sep 17, 2018
Being Jewish
#atheistagnostic#Jewish#Jews#misogynist
Posted by By Auty89 | 21 comments | SC, USA | Sep 17, 2018
How did you find this site?
Posted by By lafunguy818 | 19 comments | CA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Ever dated a religious person
#relationship#religious
Posted by By ClayMountain | 33 comments | KS, USA | Sep 17, 2018
So I have a 2nd grade student who was sticking mini Post It notes all over the playground equipment today. They read, "god is a mith." The other kids started getting upset. It was a first for me. ...
#student#kids#god
Posted by By rcc0780 | 54 comments | CA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
I spent a lot of time when I was young trying to figure out what was wrong with me since I didn't believe in god and everybody else did. Did anybody experience this reversal of logic?
#god
Posted by By Bendog | 20 comments | Ocean Shores, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK EU to stop changing the clocks in 2019 | News | DW | 14.09.2018
#Europe#Friday#world#laws#wars#oil
Posted by By Lukian | 9 comments | Canada | Sep 17, 2018
Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?
#organizereligion#Christians#religious#religion
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 92 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK Micro-cheating
#microcheating
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 19 comments | LA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK The Middle Way Society: Agnosticism
#agnosticism#philosophy#politics#Buddhism#society#hope
Posted by By TheMiddleWay | 10 comments | KY, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone else here read the actual arguments made by atheists/naturalists set forth on sites like infidels.org, or in books by the likes of Dr. Michael Martin and Dr. Rick Monnier? Do you have any ...
#RichardDawkins#atheism#books#book#god
Posted by By PolyWolf | 8 comments | PA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
POLL If a woman says, "Pick a place and time and let me know," and then ignores whichever part of my decision she doesn't like...
#imagination
Posted by By CallMeDave | 30 comments | Smith Mountain Lake, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK Did (a) god create humans
#Australia#brights#student#belief#humans#god#created
Posted by By JackPedigo | 26 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK Missouri City Councilman Shuts Down Christian Bigot During Debate Over Equality | Hemant Mehta
#religious#Christian#church#reason#money#world#video#Bible
Posted by By Lukian | 9 comments | Canada | Sep 17, 2018
Should I have my kids visit my religious mother and father-in-law?
#religious#mother#cancer#plays#Song#kids#god#FamilyDynamics#parenting
Posted by By Freethinker85 | 31 comments | SC, USA | Sep 17, 2018
What's your most outlandish belief? (Mine is, I believe crop circles are not man-made.)
#beliefs
Posted by By Redcupcoffee | 95 comments | Detroit, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK This Husband's Pumpkin-Themed Dudeoir Shoot for His Wife Will Certainly Put the Spice in Your Latte - Dudeoir Photography
#photography#wife
Posted by By Alvingo1 | 4 comments | TX, USA | Sep 17, 2018
How do you respond when a loved one asks you to pray for them? This is an actual group text from my sister to me and my siblings asking us to pray for her husband.
Posted by By Shelton | 75 comments | OH, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Always interesting to see the latest in psychology regarding women's thoughts. It helps me as a man to better understand women. :) 3 Secrets of Sexual Desire Women Keep, Even From Themselves ...
#psychology
Posted by By CoastRiderBill | 26 comments | Canada | Sep 16, 2018
Should one bring/send flowers on a first date? Not a coffee. A real date. Dinner and a show, or lunch and a ballgame.
#flowers#coffee#firstdate#etiquette#chivalry#Gentleman#Manners#dating
Posted by By Donwhy | 68 comments | WA, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Anyone else think of his site as a secret society? :P
#BibleBelt#Christian#society#atheism#belief#church#Bible#agnosticDOTcom#Secretsociety#AtheismCloset
Posted by By Freethinker85 | 30 comments | SC, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Why do people act badly at family events?
#weddings#friends#mother
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 32 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 16, 2018
How do you know if you’ve really ever been in love?
#relationship
Posted by By MountainBound | 32 comments | IN, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Job satisfaction.
#dream
Posted by By Crow616 | 48 comments | UK | Sep 16, 2018
Does a bad day give you the right to be un-pleasant?
Posted by By Marine | 60 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Competition: healthy or not?
#hope
Posted by By Akfishlady | 60 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Anyone interested in doing a reading group. We all read a scholarly article or interesting novel, for example, and discuss it?
Posted by By Skeptic66 | 30 comments | IL, USA | Sep 15, 2018
If you fall in LOVE with someone, how would you confess it to them?
#love
Posted by By Perryp13177 | 79 comments | TX, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Dating people with different religious belief , does it work out well or they can both come to an understanding , Curious !
#religious#belief
Posted by By claudia2689 | 31 comments | FL, USA | Sep 15, 2018
How many of you live near national monuments or landmarks yet haven't visited them?
#ancient#mother
Posted by By Shelton | 19 comments | OH, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Have you ever hated/disliked your boyfriend/girlfriend’s mom/dad or both?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 63 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 15, 2018
What do you do when you're blue?
#friends
Posted by By Kayterade5348 | 123 comments | TX, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Books Better the 2nd Time? Hello, I've recently been re-reading books I first read 20 years ago: specifically Camus' The Stranger and Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. I hated The Stranger when I...
#censorship#writers#movies#books#media#hello