Agnostic.com
3 9

My friend bought a new electric car. And crashed it straight after leaving the show room.

He turned over a new Leaf.

Zealandia 8 Mar 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's an old Reliant Robin joke repurposed from the 1970s
Only the Reliant Robin really did often roll over if unfortunate regularity.

Yes, the Reliant Robins were well known that feature.

Jeremy Clarkson demonstrated how to tip one over on Top Gear once.

A school friend at Manchester uni taught disabled to drive the blue 3 wheelers. He had one learner somehow drive up the steps to the entrance to Manchester Town Hall or some other public building there .

These days the story would be considered political incorrect. At seem to recall that I didn't share Roj's amusement.

Are they that unstable?

Nah, the Nissan Leaf is pretty stable. More about the wordplay.

My mate is on his second Leaf electric vehicle, had no problems whatsoever. Got 80,000 km out of his first one without any major repairs. He moonlights as an Uber food driver. Saves loads on transport costs. First car had a rubbish range of about 80km, so when I went out with him we’d usually have to pop by a charging station for a top up when tooling around. Most recent version is a more realistic 150 km range.

I’m not sure how viable EV’s are in the more rural areas of the outback. My mate in Queensland is pretty dismissive of them.

The NZ government is mulling over banning the importation of all internal combustion engines by 2032. Plus forcing all fuel driven vehicles off the road by 2050. Not sure when final decision will be made.

@Zealandia 150 klms is ridiculous. My average trip is 250klms one way & I've never seen a recharge point.

@FrayedBear As I suspected. Oz is going to face real challenges transitioning to EV’s given the distances people travel.

Was wondering, do courier firms etc drop stuff off where you are? Could you get groceries delivered? I’m still a visit the shop type person, however if in the future couldn’t get out due to mobility issues would accept buying online.

@Zealandia in typical lazy Oz fashion the supermarkets prefer to use there assistants to go round and assemble orders received via internet, paid by card. The customer then has it delivered into their car boot in specially designated pick up parking bays.

@FrayedBear It’s called click and collect pretty much everywhere.
I’ve used this option a couple of times recently, to make sure that I secured something on sale before the stock ran out. Plus I didn’t have the time to nip in before the price went up again.

@Zealandia the best bargains are not advertised. They are called near best by date & manager specials. In manufactered dry goods the best by date is frequently 5 years before the use by date.

Maybe he shouldn't have been in such a hurry to charge.

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 624 More

Posted by noworry28Laws are laws 🤣🤣

Posted by MoravianI think I have been conned

Posted by Moravianhorsing around

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaHanging my head, going to my corner now.....

Posted by mzeeshoe fly pie

Posted by noworry28Icebergs are dangerous 😳 from sinking the titanic to blinding manatees.

Posted by mzeeThought I'd run with this

Posted by ZealandiaWhat dogs really understand….

Posted by ZealandiaDesert Island cartoon…. “Care for a swim?”

Posted by ZealandiaAliens faking the Earth landing…

Posted by mzeeany cheese welcome

Posted by MoravianEye catching.

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaI'll go to my corner now.....

Posted by RetiredTime for something lighter. Looking for a 10 on the groaner scale.

Posted by noworry28Tense moment 😬

Posted by ZealandiaI’m sure I booked that seat…

• Top tags#god #religion #wife #joke #religious #world #friends #Atheist #dogs #church #money #hell #sex #DonaldTrump #hope #mother #Jesus #kids #book #parents #video #children #reason #relationship #atheism #death #Police #Bible #movies #earth #teacher #belief #laws #fear #agnostic #truth #Christian #beliefs #animals #cats #faith #guns #evidence #priest #Song #community #books #humans #Christians #government ...

Members 1,424Top