Agnostic.com
2 2

The inventor of predictive text has died.

His funfair will be hello on Sundial.

Zealandia 8 Dec 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You've lost me on this one!

FrayedBear Level 9 Dec 17, 2021

I must be tired....I don't get this one.

The older versions of predictive text, especially on mobile phones were quite unreliable. You’d type in a few letters and the predictive function would come up with a word that was unrelated to the topic at hand. So in this case, the person has chosen to use the first words that were suggested in drafting the sentence. For example, my predictive text function initially suggested “senate” when I was trying to type “sentence.”

@Zealandia What I've seen of it, I'm not a fan. So that should be funeral, & Sunday?

@Lilac-JadeCanada Yes, that’s right about the words, plus “held”.

Predictive text can be very annoying. Strange mistakes occasionally make it through when you don’t check the wording properly. Especially when you’re tired.

My version still doesn’t accept the abbreviation “NZ” and suggests “no” instead. Especially if I can’t be bothered to capitalise it.

@Zealandia Forgot the ''hello''....

I get annoyed too when I use Canadian spelling in my emails, but it wants to use the US versions, so I'm continually adding my spelling to the ''dictionary''.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I have the same problem with the spell checker only suggesting the US spelling for words too. Organisation is an example.

@Zealandia Yes, colour, labour, encyclopaedia, flavour, ......

Recent Visitors 8

Photos 624 More

Posted by noworry28Laws are laws 🤣🤣

Posted by MoravianI think I have been conned

Posted by Moravianhorsing around

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaHanging my head, going to my corner now.....

Posted by mzeeshoe fly pie

Posted by noworry28Icebergs are dangerous 😳 from sinking the titanic to blinding manatees.

Posted by mzeeThought I'd run with this

Posted by ZealandiaWhat dogs really understand….

Posted by ZealandiaDesert Island cartoon…. “Care for a swim?”

Posted by ZealandiaAliens faking the Earth landing…

Posted by mzeeany cheese welcome

Posted by MoravianEye catching.

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaI'll go to my corner now.....

Posted by RetiredTime for something lighter. Looking for a 10 on the groaner scale.

Posted by noworry28Tense moment 😬

Posted by ZealandiaI’m sure I booked that seat…

• Top tags#god #religion #wife #joke #religious #world #friends #Atheist #dogs #church #money #hell #sex #DonaldTrump #hope #mother #Jesus #kids #book #parents #video #children #reason #relationship #atheism #death #Police #Bible #movies #earth #teacher #belief #laws #fear #agnostic #truth #Christian #beliefs #animals #cats #faith #guns #evidence #priest #Song #community #books #humans #Christians #government ...

Members 1,429Top